zdb_blkptr_cb Got error 52 reading [...] [L0 ZFS plain file] sha256 lzjb LE contiguous dedup single size [...]
tntteam
2012-09-10 07:57:04 UTC
Hi,

I'm having an issue with zfs-fuse on ubuntu-server 64bits. My zfs datapool
name is datapool.

The "zdb datapool status" takes a very long time (and consume a lot of
disk) to output a lot of errors I pasted output here : *
http://dl.free.fr/qCHFlhIXD*

It did not happen 3 days ago. I couldn't find on google "error 52" meaning

This machine is a virtual machine hosted on a ESXi and datapool is on a
single 100GB vmdk.

*My ubuntu :*

uname -a
Linux supervision 3.0.0-22-server #36-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jun 12 17:56:20 UTC
2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
DISTRIB_RELEASE=11.10
DISTRIB_CODENAME=oneiric
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 11.10"

*My ZFS version :*

Package: zfs-fuse
New: yes
State: installed
Automatically installed: no
Version: 0.6.9-1build1
ZFS is an advanced filesystem from Sun Microsystems, originally developed
for solaris. It provides a number of advanced features, such as live
integrity
checks, atomic updates, atomic snapshots and clones, compression, and much
more.

This package provides an implementation of Sun's ZFS filesystem in
userspace, using FUSE.
Homepage: http://zfs-fuse.net

*
Thanks for any ideas / support.*
Emmanuel Anne
2012-09-10 10:54:09 UTC
Wild guess : maybe your virtual machine didn't allow cache control to
zfs-fuse, which wouldn't be a big surprise, but in this case you had a
warning in syslog, did you check what it said in syslog if it said anything
?
Assuming the error is not from a wild external case (like a crazy process
writing random data to the partition), if it's internal (cache control...),
then maybe you can get it back by using the
--log-uberblocks option for zfs-fuse, then get the uberblocks txg from
syslog, then quit, and try to run it again with the --min-uberblock-txg
option, passing some txg taken from syslog.
The idea is to try to skip the latest updates and rollback the filesystem
to a previous state. It can work, the option is here for this kind of
emergency.

Good luck !
--
To visit our Web site, click on http://zfs-fuse.net/