gentoo & zfs-fuse
Stefan G. Weichinger
2012-01-16 23:29:03 UTC
Samuli wants to remove the latest zfs-fuse from the gentoo portage
(repository):

# Samuli Suominen <ssuominen-aBrp7R+bbdUdnm+***@public.gmane.org> (09 Jan 2012)
# Fails to compile against recent glibc and multiple other issues.
# No maintainer to take care of the package. Removal in 30 days.
# Bugs 325331, 284369, 380749, 388741, 381539, 358697, and 332395.
=sys-fs/zfs-fuse-9999

(bug-nrs refer to bugs.gentoo.org)

I just want to make this visible to the devs here, I don't know if I can
be of any help here.

Stefan
Emmanuel Anne
2012-01-17 21:08:55 UTC
Post by Stefan G. Weichinger
Samuli wants to remove the latest zfs-fuse from the gentoo portage
# Fails to compile against recent glibc and multiple other issues.
# No maintainer to take care of the package. Removal in 30 days.
# Bugs 325331,
This is related to the gnu stack option for assembler files to tell not to
use an executable stack by default.
Well the fix takes 3 lines and is given on the page linked in your bug
report. I just confirm that it can be applied here. I added it to the
sparc64 include file too, without testing.
I have pushed the fix in my master branch if you want, but it's very easy
to do. Thanks for the info though, I didn't know these pax-utils.
Post by Stefan G. Weichinger
284369,
Apparently specific to your build system.
Post by Stefan G. Weichinger
380749,
This one is quite unreadable. The error is : " rpc/types.h: No such file or
directory". It's specific to libc-2.14 apparently, they seem to have
removed this include file. Well in debian we still use libc-2.13 in
testing, so I can't help you here (that's what happens when you always want
to be "on the edge")
Post by Stefan G. Weichinger
388741,
Another report about the hardened stack (gnu stack option).
Post by Stefan G. Weichinger
381539,
I had something similar, here too. I just installed a work around, mounting
locally the nfs shares when booting so that the error happens once, and
then everything works fine. It's more than likely related to fuse, we don't
do anything about nfs authentication in zfs-fuse.
So well document this or add the kind of work around proposed in the bug
report.
Post by Stefan G. Weichinger
358697,
ebuild system specific.
Post by Stefan G. Weichinger
and 332395.
ebuild specific too, there is a patch in the bug report.
--
To visit our Web site, click on http://zfs-fuse.net/
Stefan G. Weichinger
2012-01-19 08:35:38 UTC
Post by Stefan G. Weichinger
[...]
Thanks, Emmanuel, for looking through that stuff!
I forward this to Samuli and see what he replies.

Stefan
Stefan G. Weichinger
2012-01-25 21:31:49 UTC
Post by Stefan G. Weichinger
Thanks, Emmanuel, for looking through that stuff!
I forward this to Samuli and see what he replies.
no reaction so far.

http://packages.gentoo.org/package/sys-fs/zfs-fuse

shows only 0.6.9-r1 now, so he seems to have removed the (in
gentoo-terms "very unstable") release 9999.

Maybe ok, as there is no maintainer for the gentoo-ebuild right now.

Stefan
Emmanuel Anne
2012-01-25 23:40:45 UTC
It's not such a big issue, gentoo is about compiling every package right ?
Well zfs-fuse is quite easy to compile outside the ebuild system, so it's
ok for those who know it exists !
Stefan G. Weichinger
2012-01-26 09:33:26 UTC
Post by Emmanuel Anne
It's not such a big issue, gentoo is about compiling every package right
? Well zfs-fuse is quite easy to compile outside the ebuild system, so
it's ok for those who know it exists !
Yes, correct. I have my own local ebuilds anyway, for example.
Fajar A. Nugraha
2012-01-17 22:45:32 UTC
Post by Stefan G. Weichinger
# No maintainer to take care of the package. Removal in 30 days.
That seems to be the main problem.
--
Fajar