about alternative implementation of zfs in user space
xiaoqin ma
2013-07-30 20:34:53 UTC
The current zfs-fuse is routeing each request from application to kernel
and then from kernel to the user space zfs. That harms the performance and
adds on complexity. I am just wondering it is possible to avoid the complex
route, let application to talk to user space zfs directly. How hard will it
be to develop from zfs-fuse or zfs on linux?
Emmanuel Anne
2013-07-30 20:44:05 UTC
Well the usual answer to this kind of post if "use the source, Luke !".
In other words, have a look by yourself, and you can come back if you have
specific questions on the code... (but sorry we can't explain why the zfs
part of the code was written like that !).
Post by xiaoqin ma
The current zfs-fuse is routeing each request from application to kernel
and then from kernel to the user space zfs. That harms the performance and
adds on complexity. I am just wondering it is possible to avoid the complex
route, let application to talk to user space zfs directly. How hard will it
be to develop from zfs-fuse or zfs on linux?
To visit our Web site, click on http://zfs-fuse.net/
---
my zfs-fuse git repository :
http://rainemu.swishparty.co.uk/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=zfs;a=summary