Failed zpool after power removed from disk
Mike Hammett
2013-03-09 21:10:35 UTC
I run NexentaStor and had some problems. If I told you everything that has
happened, I'd be typing for an hour. The short of it... when pulling a
dead drive to RMA, I bumped the power on another, losing the array. I have
spent a couple days trying to bring it back, but no luck thus far.
Suspecting controller issues, I moved all of the disks to another
controller. I have tried different things I've found on Google as well as
help from the NexentaStor forum, HardOCP forum and #openIndiana on FreeNode.

I've put a summary of what's going on here: http://pastebin.com/bFDPCXt0
Does it appear to be on the right track to getting my data back, even if
there is some corruption? Any recommendations?
Emmanuel Anne
2013-03-09 22:50:19 UTC
So in short you have been trying to reimport your pool for a few hours now,
and it's still "running" (in state sleeping).
And it's not zfs-fuse specific, rather zfs specific.

Well nothing much to say here, I know some people on the sun forum have
been helpful in the past to recover some data from some zfs pools, but it's
been a long time since I heard from them, but if somebody can help it's
probably them here.

It's the kind of "nightmare scenario", I guess the controller has probably
gone mad for a while, just long enough to make the whole pool unusable.
Rather frustrating, considering the number of drives... sorry I can't help
more here.
Post by Mike Hammett
I run NexentaStor and had some problems. If I told you everything that has
happened, I'd be typing for an hour. The short of it... when pulling a
dead drive to RMA, I bumped the power on another, losing the array. I have
spent a couple days trying to bring it back, but no luck thus far.
Suspecting controller issues, I moved all of the disks to another
controller. I have tried different things I've found on Google as well as
help from the NexentaStor forum, HardOCP forum and #openIndiana on FreeNode.
I've put a summary of what's going on here: http://pastebin.com/bFDPCXt0 Does it appear to be on the right track to getting my data back, even if
there is some corruption? Any recommendations?
To visit our Web site, click on http://zfs-fuse.net/
---
my zfs-fuse git repository :
http://rainemu.swishparty.co.uk/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=zfs;a=summary
Mike Hammett
2013-03-09 23:08:14 UTC
Actually, a few days, but only now did I have a process down where it would
go any amount of time without failing in some way.

Right, just ZFS in general. Just trying to find those pockets of people
that know anything about ZFS.

Thanks.